Mission , Vision & Core Values
- To develop high quality technological, innovative, entrepreneurial and application oriented graduates and employees for the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries.
- To promote basic, applied and action research aimed at generating knowledge and solutions to problems facing the hospitality, leisure, and tourism industries.
- To design and deliver quality extension, outreach and consultancy programs and services in support of efforts towards sustainable hospitality, leisure services, and tourism development in local communities and counties.
- To be the leading technological, innovative, entrepreneurial and application-oriented world class School of Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism Management in the region.
- Commitment to excellence in education, training, and cost-effective delivery of quality results and services
- Respect, responsiveness and compassion towards students and staff
- Collegiality and team spirit
- Integrity, transparency and accountability
- Fairness and equitable allocation of resources and opportunities to students and staff
- Upholding academic freedom and truthfulness in the pursuit, generation, dissemination and application of knowledge.
- Creativity, industry, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Appreciation and celebration of diversity in all forms including ethnicity, race, gender, difference of opinion and thought systems
- Commitment to sustainable development of hospitality, leisure and tourism resources
- Collaboration, partnership and networking with external and internal stakeholders within our fields of expertise
- Respect and upholding the spirit of the Kenyan Constitution, UNWTO Code of Ethics, and the KPUC Service Charter.